What is Micro-needling Treatment?
Dermapen Micro-needling, or collagen induction therapy triggers the body’s natural healing mechanisms by increasing the production of collagen and elastin. The procedure involves puncturing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin to deliver vitamins, minerals and nutrients to deeper levels of the skin. The treatment stimulates the release of growth hormones thus enhancing its texture, tone and color.
This innovative treatment is absolutely non-invasive and a more affordable alternative to laser resurfacing treatments with similar outcomes.
The benefits of micro-needling:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles;
- Smoother, shinier skin texture;
- Reduced scar tissue and sun spots;
- Decreased pore size;
- Reduced pigmentation;
- Prevents signs of aging;
- No down time after treatment.
Facts about micro-needling
- All types of skin will benefit from this treatment, including thin or sensitive skin types;
- Thousands of micro channels created by micro-needling procedure increases; the abortion of applied cosmetological product by 1000 fold;
- Micro-needling can safely be performed in the summer without the risk of pigmentation;
- No pain just gain with use of topical anesthesia.
What to expect at my first microneedling appointment?
We start by thoroughly cleansing your skin and applying numbing cream to reduce discomfort related to the procedure. It takes up to 20 minutes for the cream to take effect. The treatment itself will take up to 20 minutes. During the treatment we gently glide the micro needling pen over the skin and infuse the healing solutions. You might experience a burning sensation and possibly slight swelling that should disappear within 48 hours. Right after the procedure we apply a soothing cream to reduce the symptoms.